Turke & Strauss LLP, a leading data breach law firm, is investigating DOCS Medical Group regarding its recent data breach. The DOCS Medical Group data breach involved sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information belonging to an unknown number of individuals.
ABOUT DOCS MEDICAL GROUP:
DOCS Medical Group is a healthcare provider in Connecticut. Founded in 2009, DOCS Medical Group specializes in providing general and specialty medical care, including primary care check-ups, behavioral health treatment, pulmonary rehabilitation, and more. Known for its walk-in urgent care clinics, DOCS Medical Group operates 19 urgent care centers open 365 days a year. Additionally, DOCS Medical Group offers occupational care, such as employer-sponsored physical exams and drug testing. Headquartered in Orange, Connecticut, DOCS Medical Group employs over 50 individuals.
On September 7, 2022, DOCS Medical Group discovered that it had experienced a data breach in which the sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information in its systems may have been accessed. Through its investigation, DOCS Medical Group determined that an unauthorized actor may have accessed this sensitive information by launching a ransomware attack on September 7, 2022. On November 7, 2022, DOCS Medical Group began notifying individuals whose information may have been impacted. The type of information impacted includes:
- Social Security number
- Contact information
- Financial information
- Health insurance information
- Medical information (e.g., medical history, reason for visit)
If you received a breach notification letter from DOCS Medical Group:
We would like to speak with you about your rights and potential legal remedies in response to this data breach. Please fill out the form, below, or contact us at (608) 237-1775 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you were impacted by the DOCS Medical Group data breach, you may consider taking the following steps to protect your personal information.
- Carefully review the breach notice and retain a copy;
- Enroll in any free credit monitoring service provided by DOCS Medical Group;
- Change passwords and security questions for online accounts;
- Regularly review account statements for signs of fraud or unauthorized activity;
- Monitor credit reports for signs of identity theft; and
- Contact a credit bureau(s) to request a temporary fraud alert.