Turke & Strauss LLP, a leading data breach law firm, is investigating Community Health Network, regarding its recent data breach. The Community Health Network data breach involved protected health information belonging to an undetermined number of patients.
ABOUT COMMUNITY HEALTH NETWORK:
Community Health Network is a private, not-for-profit healthcare system operating throughout Central Indiana. Since it was founded over 60 years ago, Community Health Network has maintained its strong local and community ties without sacrificing a diverse range of resources and services. Today, Community Health Network has more than 200 clinics and hospitals, offering everything from behavioral health treatment to surgery and cancer care. Headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, Community Health Network employs more than 10,000 individuals while treating approximately two million patients annually.
On November 16, 2022, Community Health Network disclosed a data breach. The data breach involved the disclosure of protected health information in Community Health Network’s possession to Meta (Facebook) and Google. Specifically, Community Health Network disclosed that an online information tracking pixel installed on its website and Community Health Network’s MyChart patient portal may have collected and transmitted protected health information to the third party providing the pixel technology, namely Meta (Facebook) and Google. On November 16, 2022, Community Health Network began notifying individuals whose information may have been impacted. The type of information impacted may have included:
- Computer IP address
- Appointment information (type, date, name of healthcare provider, procedure selected)
- Communications through MyChart (medical record number)
- Health insurance information
- MyChart proxy information
If you are a current or former patient of Community Health Network:
We would like to speak with you about your rights and potential legal remedies in response to this data breach. Please fill out the form, below, or contact us at (608) 237-1775 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you were impacted by the Community Health Network data breach, you may consider taking the following steps to protect your personal information.
- Carefully review the breach notice and retain a copy;
- Change passwords and security questions for online accounts;
- Regularly review account statements for signs of fraud or unauthorized activity;
- Monitor credit reports for signs of identity theft; and
- Contact a credit bureau(s) to request a temporary fraud alert.