Turke & Strauss LLP, a leading data breach law firm, is investigating CCA Health Plans of California, which does business as CCA Health California, regarding its recent data breach. The CCA Health California data breach involved sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information belonging to an unknown number of individuals.
ABOUT CCA HEALTH PLANS OF CALIFORNIA:
CCA Health California is the California subsidiary of Commonwealth Care Alliance, healthcare company that specializes in providing a variety of benefits and coverage plans for older adults and individuals with significant needs. Founded in 2003, Commonwealth Care Alliance began in Boston, Massachusetts, expanding its market into California over the following two decades. Today, CCA Health California seeks to improve the overall health of its customers, offering services in condition and medication management, behavioral health treatment, and support with food, housing, and utilities. Currently, CCA Health California serves eligible members in San Joaquin and Santa Clara County, California.
On September 16, 2022, CCA Health California discovered that it had experienced a data breach in which the sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information in its systems may have been accessed and acquired. Through its investigation, CCA Health California determined that an unauthorized actor may have accessed and obtained this sensitive information between May 4 and September 16, 2022. On November 15, 2022, CCA Health California began notifying individuals whose information may have been impacted. The type of information exposed includes:
- Social Security number
- Date of birth
- Contact information
- Demographic information
- Passport number
- Health insurance information (e.g., member identification number)
- Medical information (e.g., record number, diagnosis or treatment information, prescription information, provider names, dates of service, laboratory test information)
If you received a breach notification letter from CCA Health California:
We would like to speak with you about your rights and potential legal remedies in response to this data breach. Please fill out the form, below, or contact us at (608) 237-1775 or email@example.com.
If you were impacted by the CCA Health California data breach, you may consider taking the following steps to protect your personal information.
- Carefully review the breach notice and retain a copy;
- Enroll in any free credit monitoring service provided by CCA Health Plans of California;
- Change passwords and security questions for online accounts;
- Regularly review account statements for signs of fraud or unauthorized activity;
- Monitor credit reports for signs of identity theft; and
- Contact a credit bureau(s) to request a temporary fraud alert.