Turke & Strauss LLP, a leading data breach law firm, is investigating Connexin Software, Inc., which does business as Office Practicum, regarding its recent data breach. The Office Practicum data breach involved sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information belonging to an undetermined number of individuals.
ABOUT CONNEXIN SOFTWARE, INC.:
Office Practicum is a software development company that specializes in providing information technology services and products to the healthcare sector. Founded in 1992, Office Practicum offers software for electronic medical records, practice management, revenue cycle management, billing, and business analytics. Today, Office Practicum primarily conducts business with pediatric care providers across the United States. Furthermore, Office Practicum’s software provides telemedicine, vaccine management, notification updates, and direct messaging. Headquartered in Fort Washington, Pennsylvania, Office Practicum operates an additional office in Atascadero, California.
On August 26, 2022, Office Practicum discovered that it had experienced a data breach in which the sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information in its systems may have been accessed and obtained. Through its investigation, Office Practicum determined that an unauthorized actor accessed and acquired this sensitive information from a patient data set. On November 14, 2022, Office Practicum began notifying individuals whose information may have been impacted. The type of information impacted includes:
- Social Security number
- Date of birth
- Contact information (e.g., parent name, email address)
- Health insurance information
- Medical information (e.g., record number, diagnosis or treatment information, prescription information)
If you received a breach notification letter from Office Practicum or Connexin Software, Inc.:
We would like to speak with you about your rights and potential legal remedies in response to this data breach. Please fill out the form, below, or contact us at (608) 237-1775 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you were impacted by the Office Practicum data breach, you may consider taking the following steps to protect your personal information.
- Carefully review the breach notice and retain a copy;
- Enroll in the free credit monitoring service provided by Office Practicum;
- Change passwords and security questions for online accounts;
- Regularly review account statements for signs of fraud or unauthorized activity;
- Monitor credit reports for signs of identity theft; and
- Contact a credit bureau(s) to request a temporary fraud alert.