Turke & Strauss LLP, a leading data breach law firm, is investigating Innovative Service Technology Management Services, Inc., which does business as IST, regarding its recent data breach. The IST data breach involved sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information belonging to over 2,600 individuals.
ABOUT INNOVATIVE SERVICE TEHNOLOGY MANAGEMENT SERVICES, INC.:
IST is a facilities management and litigation support outsourcing company. Founded in 1997, IST offers a variety of services in the lifecycle management process, including mail center management, printing and imaging, hospitality services, document management, virtual administrative support, and more. For specialized litigation support, IST is capable of providing digital and forensic consulting, eDiscovery, and court reporting services. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, IST employs more than 1,000 individuals.
Recently, IST discovered that it had experienced a data breach in which the sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information in its systems may have been accessed and acquired. Through its investigation, IST determined that an unauthorized actor accessed and obtained this sensitive information by launching a ransomware attack on June 3, 2022. On November 16, 2022, IST began notifying individuals whose information may have been impacted. The type of information exposed include:
- Social Security number
- Date of birth
- Driver’s license number
- Passport number
- Financial information (e.g., account number)
- Medical information (e.g., medical billing information)
If you are received a breach notification letter from IST:
We would like to speak with you about your rights and potential legal remedies in response to this data breach. Please fill out the form, below, or contact us at (608) 237-1775 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you were impacted by the IST data breach, you may consider taking the following steps to protect your personal information.
- Carefully review the breach notice and retain a copy;
- Enroll in the free credit monitoring service provided by Innovative Service Technology Management Services, Inc.;
- Change passwords and security questions for online accounts;
- Regularly review account statements for signs of fraud or unauthorized activity;
- Monitor credit reports for signs of identity theft; and
- Contact a credit bureau(s) to request a temporary fraud alert.