Turke & Strauss LLP, a leading data breach law firm, is investigating Bunkhouse Management, LLC, regarding its recent data breach. The Bunkhouse Management data breach involved sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information belonging to an undetermined number of individuals.
ABOUT BUNKHOUSE MANAGEMENT, LLC:
Bunkhouse Management is a property management company that specializes in managing and consulting on boutique hotels in the hospitality sector. Founded in 1998, Bunkhouse Management opened its first hotel in Austin, Texas later that year. Since then, Bunkhouse Management has gone on to open a number of hotels in Texas, California, and Mexico. In addition to hotels, Bunkhouse Management operates a coffee shop and event venue. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, Bunkhouse Management employs over 200 individuals.
Recently, Bunkhouse Management discovered that it had experienced a data breach in which the sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information in its systems may have been accessed. Through its investigation, Bunkhouse Management determined that an unauthorized actor may have accessed this sensitive information. On November 14, 2022, Bunkhouse Management began notifying individuals whose information may have been impacted. The type of information impacted includes:
- Social Security number
- Driver’s license number
- Financial information (e.g., account number, credit or debit card number)
- Health insurance information
- Medical information
If you received a breach notification letter from Bunkhouse Management:
We would like to speak with you about your rights and potential legal remedies in response to this data breach. Please fill out the form, below, or contact us at (608) 237-1775 or email@example.com.
If you were impacted by the Bunkhouse Management data breach, you may consider taking the following steps to protect your personal information.
- Carefully review the breach notice and retain a copy;
- Enroll in any free credit monitoring service provided by Bunkhouse Management, LLC;
- Change passwords and security questions for online accounts;
- Regularly review account statements for signs of fraud or unauthorized activity;
- Monitor credit reports for signs of identity theft; and
- Contact a credit bureau(s) to request a temporary fraud alert.