Turke & Strauss LLP, a leading data breach law firm, is investigating Hyde Shipping Corp. regarding its recent data breach. The Hyde Shipping data breach involved sensitive personal identifiable information belonging to an undetermined number of individuals.
ABOUT HYDE SHIPPING CORP.:
Hyde Shipping is a shipping and warehousing corporation that specializes in container ship loading and storage. Founded in 1976, Hyde Shipping initially began as a family-owned operation with six employees and minimal docking space. Over time, Hyde Shipping’s quick expansion prompted the company to undergo two relocations, acquiring more docking, warehousing, and office space with each move. Today, Hyde Shipping runs 46,000 square feet of warehouse space and 7.1 acres of docking space in Port Everglades, Florida. Headquartered in Hialeah, Florida, Hyde Shipping currently employs 125 individuals capable of loading approximately 100 containers every week.
On or about July 13, 2022, Hyde Shipping discovered that it had experienced a data breach in which the sensitive personal identifiable information in its systems may have been accessed. Through its investigation, Hyde Shipping determined that an unauthorized actor accessed this sensitive information through an employee email account between February 12 and July 12, 2022. On November 10, 2022, Hyde Shipping began notifying individuals whose information may have been impacted. The type of information impacted includes:
- Social Security number
- Date of birth
- Driver’s license number
- Passport number
- Financial information (e.g., account number, credit or debit card number)
- S. Alien Registration number
- Non-U.S. National identification number
- Honduras tax identification number
- International tax identification number
If you received a breach notification letter from Hyde Shipping:
We would like to speak with you about your rights and potential legal remedies in response to this data breach. Please fill out the form, below, or contact us at (608) 237-1775 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you were impacted by the Hyde Shipping data breach, you may consider taking the following steps to protect your personal information.
- Carefully review the breach notice and retain a copy;
- Enroll in any free credit monitoring service provided by Hyde Shipping, Corp.;
- Change passwords and security questions for online accounts;
- Regularly review account statements for signs of fraud or unauthorized activity;
- Monitor credit reports for signs of identity theft; and
- Contact a credit bureau(s) to request a temporary fraud alert.