Turke & Strauss LLP, a leading data breach law firm, is investigating Assurance Health System, LLC regarding its recent data breach. The Assurance Health System data breach involved sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information belonging to more than 3,500 individuals.
ABOUT ASSURANCE HEALTH SYSTEM, LLC:
Assurance Health System is a medical provider that specializes in offering short-term inpatient psychiatric care to seniors. Established in 2015, Assurance Health System focuses on providing patients with individualized treatment plans, including cognitive therapy, family therapy, recreation therapy, and group therapy. Additionally, Assurance Health System implements a goal-oriented program that allows seniors to mark their successes and instill a sense of hope. Assurance Health System also provides resources for individuals to learn coping mechanisms, improve memory, and relax. Headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, Assurance Health System operates locations in Ohio, Indiana, and Kansas.
Recently, Assurance Health System discovered that it had experienced a data breach in which the sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information in its systems may have been accessed. Through its investigation, Assurance Health System determined that an unauthorized actor accessed this sensitive information through an employee email account between April 8 and April 21, 2022. Furthermore, Assurance Health System concluded that a second email account was accessed between June 10, 2021, and March 8, 2022. On October 28, 2022, Assurance Health System began notifying individuals whose information may have been impacted. The type of information impacted includes:
- Social Security number
- Date of birth
- Driver’s license number
- Contact information
- Health insurance information
- Medical information (e.g., record number, account number, prescription information, provider name, diagnosis or treatment information)
If you receivd a breach notification letter from Assurance Health System:
We would like to speak with you about your rights and potential legal remedies in response to this data breach. Please fill out the form, below, or contact us at (608) 237-1775 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you were impacted by the Assurance Health System data breach, you may consider taking the following steps to protect your personal information.
- Carefully review the breach notice and retain a copy;
- Enroll in free credit monitoring service provided by Assurance Health System, LLC;
- Change passwords and security questions for online accounts;
- Regularly review account statements for signs of fraud or unauthorized activity;
- Monitor credit reports for signs of identity theft; and
- Contact a credit bureau(s) to request a temporary fraud alert.