Turke & Strauss LLP, a leading data breach law firm, is investigating Pinnacle Claims Management, Inc. regarding its recent data breach. The Pinnacle Claims Management data breach involved sensitive personal identifiable information belonging to an undetermined number of individuals.
ABOUT PINNACLE CLAIMS MANAGEMENT, INC.:
Pinnacle Claims Management is a third-party health benefits administrator. As such, Pinnacle Claims Management provides its services to self-funded employers in industries that range from government entities to private businesses. Founded in 1996, Pinnacle Claims Management offers claims processing, self-funded plan designs, employee benefits, and health benefits. Today, Pinnacle Claims Management has several online tools to offer individuals and businesses control of their medical records and plans. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Pinnacle Claims Management employs more than 200 individuals.
On June 26, 2022, Pinnacle Claims Management discovered that it had experienced a data breach in which the sensitive personal identifiable information in its systems may have been accessed and acquired. Through its investigation, Pinnacle Claims Management determined that an unauthorized actor may have accessed and obtained this sensitive information. On October 25, 2022, Pinnacle Claims Management began notifying individuals whose information may have been impacted. The exact type of information has not been disclosed by Pinnacle Claims Management. However, according to state reporting guidelines, “personal information” can include the following types of information:
- Social Security number
- Driver’s license number or state-issued ID card number
- Tax identification number
- Passport number
- Military identification number
- Account number, credit card number, or debit card number
- Username or email address in combination with a password or security question answer
- Medical information and health insurance information
- Unique biometric data
- Genetic data
If you received a breach notification letter from Pinnacle Claims Management:
We would like to speak with you about your rights and potential legal remedies in response to this data breach. Please fill out the form, below, or contact us at (608) 237-1775 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you were impacted by the Pinnacle Claims Management data breach, you may consider taking the following steps to protect your personal information.
- Carefully review the breach notice and retain a copy;
- Enroll in the free credit monitoring service provided by Pinnacle Claims Management, Inc.;
- Change passwords and security questions for online accounts;
- Regularly review account statements for signs of fraud or unauthorized activity;
- Monitor credit reports for signs of identity theft; and
- Contact a credit bureau(s) to request a temporary fraud alert.