Turke & Strauss LLP, a leading data breach law firm, is investigating BioWorks, Inc. regarding its recent data breach. The BioWorks data breach involved sensitive personal identifiable information belonging to an undetermined number of individuals.
ABOUT BIOWORKS, INC.:
BioWorks is a biotechnology company that specializes in researching and manufacturing horticultural and agricultural products. Accordingly, BioWorks aims to develop solutions for eradicating crop diseases and pests. Additionally, BioWorks prioritizes environmentally friendly products that improve quality and yield. Founded in 1993, BioWorks’ merchandise includes fertilizers, pesticides, and organo-mineral applications. Headquartered in Victor, New York, BioWorks conducts most of its business throughout North America while distributing its developments through various international wholesalers beyond the continent.
Recently, BioWorks discovered that it had experienced a data breach in which the sensitive personal identifiable information in its systems may have been accessed. Through its investigation, BioWorks determined that an unauthorized actor may have accessed this sensitive information between March 9 and March 10, 2022. On October 25, 2022, BioWorks began notifying individuals whose information may have been impacted. The exact type of personal information has not been made publicly available by BioWorks. However, according to state reporting guidelines, “personal information” can include the following types of information:
- Social Security number
- Driver’s license number or other government issued identification number
- Financial information
- Account passwords or other access codes for financial accounts
- Biometric data
- Genetic information
- Health records, including medical diagnosis, treatment, or health insurance policy number
If you received a breach notification letter from BioWorks:
We would like to speak with you about your rights and potential legal remedies in response to this data breach. Please fill out the form, below, or contact us at (608) 237-1775 or email@example.com.
If you were impacted by the BioWorks data breach, you may consider taking the following steps to protect your personal information.
- Carefully review the breach notice and retain a copy;
- Enroll in the free credit monitoring service provided by BioWorks, Inc.;
- Change passwords and security questions for online accounts;
- Regularly review account statements for signs of fraud or unauthorized activity;
- Monitor credit reports for signs of identity theft; and
- Contact a credit bureau(s) to request a temporary fraud alert.