Turke & Strauss LLP, a leading data breach law firm, is investigating Urology of Greater Atlanta, LLC regarding its recent data breach. The Urology of Greater Atlanta data breach involved sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information belonging to more than 79,000 individuals.
ABOUT UROLOGY OF GREATER ATLANTA, LLC:
Urology of Greater Atlanta is a healthcare provider that specializes in offering medical expertise and services in urology. Founded approximately 50 years ago, Urology of Greater Atlanta provides services for men’s and women’s urological health, urologic cancer, kidney stones, and hematuria. Additionally, Urology of Greater Atlanta offers advanced technological solutions to urological problems, including robotic surgery and advanced diagnostic tests. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, Urology of Greater Atlanta operates five clinics in the Greater Atlanta area.
On August 29, 2021, Urology of Greater Atlanta learned that it may have experienced a data breach in which the sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information in its systems may have been accessed. Through its investigation, Urology of Greater Atlanta determined that an unauthorized actor may have accessed this sensitive information between August 8 and August 29, 2021. On November 28, 2022, Urology of Greater Atlanta began notifying individuals who information may have been impacted. The type of information exposed include:
- Social Security number
- Date of birth
- Driver’s license number
- Financial information (e.g., account number)
- Medical information (e.g., diagnosis or treatment information, medical history, dates of service, patient account number)
If you received a breach notification letter from Urology of Greater Atlanta:
We would like to speak with you about your rights and potential legal remedies in response to this data breach. Please fill out the form, below, or contact us at (608) 237-1775 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you were impacted by the Urology of Greater Atlanta data breach, you may consider taking the following steps to protect your personal information.
- Carefully review the breach notice and retain a copy;
- Enroll in any free credit monitoring service provided by Urology of Greater Atlanta, LLC;
- Change passwords and security questions for online accounts;
- Regularly review account statements for signs of fraud or unauthorized activity;
- Monitor credit reports for signs of identity theft; and
- Contact a credit bureau(s) to request a temporary fraud alert.