Turke & Strauss LLP, a leading data breach law firm, is investigating Upstate Anesthesia Services PC regarding its recent data breach. The Upstate Anesthesia Services data breach involved sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information belonging to more than 9,000 individuals.
ABOUT UPSTATE ANESTHESIA SERVICES PC:
Upstate Anesthesia Services is a healthcare provider that specializes in offering medical expertise and services in anesthesiology. Founded in 2007, Upstate Anesthesia Services manages pain relief and drug administration for patients undergoing surgery, a medical operation, or in labor. As anesthesiologists, Upstate Anesthesia Services is also responsible for monitoring patient vital signs and ensuring safety. Headquartered in New Rochelle, New York, Upstate Anesthesia Services employs approximately three individuals.
On July 11, 2022, Upstate Anesthesia Services’ management company discovered that it had experienced a data breach in which the sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information in its systems may have been accessed. After conducting its investigation, Upstate Anesthesia Services notified the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services that it experienced a data breach. On September 23, 2022, Upstate Anesthesia Services began notifying individuals whose information may have been impacted. The type of information exposed includes:
- Social Security number
- Date of birth
- Driver’s license number
- Financial account information
- Health insurance policy number
- Medical record number
- Medicaid or Medicare ID
- Health information (such as treatment and diagnosis information)
If you are a current or former patient of Upstate Anesthesia Services:
We would like to speak with you about your rights and potential legal remedies in response to this data breach. Please fill out the form, below, or contact us at (608) 237-1775 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you were impacted by the Upstate Anesthesia Services data breach, you may consider taking the following steps to protect your personal information.
- Carefully review the breach notice and retain a copy;
- Enroll in any free credit monitoring service provided by Upstate Anesthesia Services PC;
- Change passwords and security questions for online accounts;
- Regularly review account statements for signs of fraud or unauthorized activity;
- Monitor credit reports for signs of identity theft; and
- Contact a credit bureau(s) to request a temporary fraud alert.