Turke & Strauss LLP, a leading data breach law firm, is investigating Windsong Radiology Group, P.C., regarding its recent data breach. The Windsong Radiology data breach involved sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information belonging to an undetermined number of individuals.
ABOUT WINDSONG RADIOLOGY GROUP, P.C.:
Windsong Radiology Group is a medical diagnostic imaging company. Founded in 1987, Windsong Radiology offers a variety of medical imaging technologies for diagnosis and prevention purposes. Accordingly, Windsong Radiology is capable of providing MRIs, CT scans, ultrasounds, X-rays, and biopsies. Furthermore, Windsong Radiology is known for being one of the first facilities in Western New York to offer MRI-guided prostate and stereotactic breast biopsies. Headquartered in Buffalo, New York, Windsong Radiology operates five locations across Western New York, in addition to a number of mobile clinics.
On December 24, 2021, Windsong Radiology discovered that it had experienced a data breach in which the sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information in its systems may have been accessed. Through its investigation, Windsong Radiology determined that an unauthorized actor may have accessed this sensitive information between December 17 and December 24, 2021. On October 7, 2022, Windsong Radiology began notifying individuals whose information may have been impacted. The type of information exposed includes:
- Social Security number
- Date of birth
- Health insurance information
- Medical information (e.g., record number, account number, physician name, dates of service, information related to radiology services)
If you received a breach notification letter from Windsong Radiology:
We would like to speak with you about your rights and potential legal remedies in response to this data breach. Please fill out the form, below, or contact us at (608) 237-1775 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you were impacted by the Windsong Radiology data breach, you may consider taking the following steps to protect your personal information.
- Carefully review the breach notice and retain a copy;
- Enroll in the free credit monitoring service provided by Windsong Radiology Group, P.C.;
- Change passwords and security questions for online accounts;
- Regularly review account statements for signs of fraud or unauthorized activity;
- Monitor credit reports for signs of identity theft; and
- Contact a credit bureau(s) to request a temporary fraud alert.