Turke & Strauss LLP, a leading data breach law firm, is investigating Wolfe Financial Group, Inc., regarding its recent data breach. The Wolfe Financial Group data breach involved sensitive personal identifiable information belonging to an undetermined number of individuals.
ABOUT WOLFE FINANCIAL GROUP, INC.:
Wolfe Financial Group is a full-service certified public accounting firm in Florida. Services offered by Wolfe Financial Group include accounting services, audits, tax consulting and preparation, and financial, estate, education, insurance, and retirement planning. Founded in 1979, Wolfe Financial Group aims to assist its clients with complex and common financial decisions, using educational tools and financial calculators to inform its recommendations. Headquartered in Lake Mary, Florida, Wolfe Financial Group employs a mix of ten accountants and financial advisors.
Recently, Wolfe Financial Group discovered that it had experienced a data breach in which the sensitive personal identifiable information in its systems may have been accessed. On June 27, 2022, Wolfe Financial Group launched an investigation that determined an unauthorized actor may have accessed this sensitive information through an employee email account. On October 7, 2022, Wolfe Financial Group began notifying individuals whose information may have been impacted. The type of information exposed includes:
- Social Security number
- Date of birth
- Driver’s license number
- Financial information (e.g., account number, other account information)
If you received a breach notification letter from Wolfe Financial Group:
We would like to speak with you about your rights and potential legal remedies in response to this data breach. Please fill out the form, below, or contact us at (608) 237-1775 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you were impacted by the Wolfe Financial Group data breach, you may consider taking the following steps to protect your personal information.
- Carefully review the breach notice and retain a copy;
- Enroll the free credit monitoring service provided by Wolfe Financial Group, Inc.;
- Change passwords and security questions for online accounts;
- Regularly review account statements for signs of fraud or unauthorized activity;
- Monitor credit reports for signs of identity theft; and
- Contact a credit bureau(s) to request a temporary fraud alert.