Turke & Strauss LLP, a leading data breach law firm, is investigating Buffalo MRI by Windsong Radiology regarding its recent data breach. The Buffalo MRI data breach involved sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information belonging to an undetermined number of individuals.
ABOUT BUFFALO MRI BY WINDSONG RADIOLOGY:
Buffalo MRI is a medical diagnostic imaging center. Founded in 1992, Buffalo MRI offers a variety of medical imaging technologies for diagnosis and prevention purposes. Accordingly, Buffalo MRI is capable of providing MRIs, CT scans, ultrasounds, X-rays, and biopsies. Currently, Buffalo MRI is known for its breast cancer screening services, non-claustrophobic and open MRIs, and efficient and comfortable atmosphere. Headquartered in Buffalo, New York, Buffalo MRI employs two radiologists and more than ten staff members.
On December 24, 2021, Buffalo MRI discovered that it had experienced a data breach in which the sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information in its systems may have been accessed. Through its investigation, Buffalo MRI determined that an unauthorized actor may have accessed this sensitive information between December 17 and December 24, 2021. On October 7, 2022, Buffalo MRI began notifying individuals whose information may have been impacted. The type of information exposed includes:
- Social Security number
- Date of birth
- Health insurance information
- Medical information (e.g., record number, account number, physician name, dates of service, information related to radiology services)
If you received a breach notification letter from Buffalo MRI:
We would like to speak with you about your rights and potential legal remedies in response to this data breach. Please fill out the form, below, or contact us at (608) 237-1775 or email@example.com.
If you were impacted by the Buffalo MRI data breach, you may consider taking the following steps to protect your personal information.
- Carefully review the breach notice and retain a copy;
- Enroll in the free credit monitoring service provided by Buffalo MRI by Windsong Radiology;
- Change passwords and security questions for online accounts;
- Regularly review account statements for signs of fraud or unauthorized activity;
- Monitor credit reports for signs of identity theft; and
- Contact a credit bureau(s) to request a temporary fraud alert.