Turke & Strauss LLP, a leading data breach law firm, is investigating Valle del Sol, Inc. regarding its recent data breach. The Valle del Sol data breach involved sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information belonging to over 70,000 individuals.
ABOUT VALLE DEL SOL, INC.:
Valle del Sol is a healthcare provider specializing in offering primary care and behavioral health services. Accordingly, Valle del Sol provides a variety of medical services, including vaccinations, disease diagnoses and treatments, counseling and therapy, substance abuse management, and leadership development programs. Founded in 1970, Valle del Sol has a mission to improve patients’ physical, mental, and spiritual health. Headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona, Valle del Sol operates an administrative office and seven clinics across the Phoenix Metropolitan Area.
On January 25, 2022, Valle del Sol discovered that it had experienced a data breach in which the sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information in its systems may have been accessed. Through its investigation, Valle del Sol determined that an unauthorized actor may have accessed this sensitive information. On October 5, 2022, Valle del Sol began notifying individuals whose information may have been impacted. The type of information exposed includes:
- Social Security number
- Driver’s license number
- Date of birth
- Health insurance information
- Medical information (e.g., clinical or diagnosis information, record number, Medicare or Medicaid number)
If you are a current or former patient of Valle del Sol:
We would like to speak with you about your rights and potential legal remedies in response to this data breach. Please fill out the form, below, or contact us at (608) 237-1775 or email@example.com.
If you were impacted by the Valle del Sol data breach, you may consider taking the following steps to protect your personal information.
- Carefully review the breach notice and retain a copy;
- Enroll in the free credit monitoring service provided by Valle del Sol, Inc.;
- Change passwords and security questions for online accounts;
- Regularly review account statements for signs of fraud or unauthorized activity;
- Monitor credit reports for signs of identity theft; and
- Contact a credit bureau(s) to request a temporary fraud alert.