Turke & Strauss LLP, a leading data breach law firm, is investigating Reel FX Creative Studios, Inc., regarding its recent data breach. The Reel FX data breach involved sensitive personal identifiable information belonging to an undetermined number of current and former employees.
ABOUT REEL FX CREATIVE STUDIOS, INC.:
Reel FX is a computer animation studio that specializes in creating feature-length movies, short films, and television series. Founded in 1993, Reel FX landed its first major project in 2010 when it was contracted to produce its first 3D film. Over the following years, Reel FX expended its operations by collaborating with a large number of film studios in addition to making original content. Today, Reel FX’s artists boast the accomplishment of receiving prestigious film and television awards, including Academy Awards, Golden Globes, Emmy Awards, and Annie and Clio Awards. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Reel FX operates studios in Hollywood, California, and Montreal, Canada.
On June 26, 2022, Reel FX discovered that it had experienced a data breach in which the sensitive personal identifiable information in its systems may have been accessed and obtained. Through its investigation, Reel FX determined that an unauthorized actor may have accessed and acquired this sensitive information between June 4 and June 6, 2022. On October 4, 2022, Reel FX began notifying individuals whose information may have been impacted. The type of information exposed includes:
- Social Security number
- Date of birth
- Contact information (e.g., address, phone number)
- Bank account and routing number
- Individual taxpayer identification number
If you are a current or former employee of Reel FX:
We would like to speak with you about your rights and potential legal remedies in response to this data breach. Please fill out the form, below, or contact us at (608) 237-1775 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you were impacted by the Reel FX data breach, you may consider taking the following steps to protect your personal information.
- Carefully review the breach notice and retain a copy;
- Enroll in the free credit monitoring service provided by Reel FX Creative Studios, Inc.;
- Change passwords and security questions for online accounts;
- Regularly review account statements for signs of fraud or unauthorized activity;
- Monitor credit reports for signs of identity theft; and
- Contact a credit bureau(s) to request a temporary fraud alert.