Turke & Strauss LLP, a leading data breach law firm, is investigating Dyersburg Family Walk-In Clinic, which does business as Reelfoot Family Walk-In Clinic, regarding its recent data breach. The Reelfoot Family Walk-In Clinic data breach involved sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information belonging to more than 58,500 individuals.
ABOUT REELFOOT FAMILY WALK-IN CLINIC:
Reelfoot Family Walk-In Clinic is a medical care center that specializes in offering primary care services. Founded in 2004, Reelfoot Family Walk-In Clinic has acquired and partnered with other health clinics to operate over 200 locations. Today, Reelfoot Family Walk-In Clinic offers patients physical examinations, acute and chronic illness treatment, minor emergency care, and behavioral health diagnoses. Headquartered in Dyersburg, Tennessee, Reelfoot Family Walk-In Clinic runs medical centers Paris, Dresden, Union City, and Tiptonville, Tennessee.
On July 24, 2022, Reelfoot Family Walk-In Clinic discovered that it had experienced a data breach in which the sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information in its systems may have been accessed and acquired. During its investigation, Reelfoot Family Walk-In Clinic determined that an unauthorized actor may have accessed and obtained this sensitive information between July 10 and August 14, 2022. On September 23, 2022, Reelfoot Family Walk-In Clinic began notifying individuals whose information may have been impacted. The type of information exposed includes:
- Social Security number
- Driver’s license number
- Date of birth
- Financial information (e.g., account information, billing information)
- Medical information (e.g., diagnosis or treatment information, lab results, disability code, medical records, claims information, patient ID information)
If you received a breach notification letter from Reelfoot Family Walk-In Clinic:
We would like to speak with you about your rights and potential legal remedies in response to this data breach. Please fill out the form, below, or contact us at (608) 237-1775 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you were impacted by the Reelfoot Family Walk-In Clinic data breach, you may consider taking the following steps to protect your personal information.
- Carefully review the breach notice and retain a copy;
- Enroll in the free credit monitoring service provided by Dyersburg Family Walk-In Clinic;
- Change passwords and security questions for online accounts;
- Regularly review account statements for signs of fraud or unauthorized activity;
- Monitor credit reports for signs of identity theft; and
- Contact a credit bureau(s) to request a temporary fraud alert.