Turke & Strauss LLP, a leading data breach law firm, is investigating Lubbock Heart & Surgical Hospital regarding its recent data breach. The Lubbock Heart & Surgical Hospital data breach involved sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information belonging to over 23,000 individuals.
ABOUT LUBBOCK HEART & SURGICAL HOSPITAL:
Lubbock Heart & Surgical Hospital is a physician-owned hospital specializing in cardiovascular and surgical procedures. Headquartered in Lubbock, Texas, Lubbock Heart & Surgical Hospital offers services beyond the fields of cardiology and surgery, including radiology, pulmonology, emergency services, and more. Founded in 2003, Lubbock Heart & Surgical Hospital employs over 500 individuals.
On July 12, 2022, Lubbock Heart & Surgical Hospital discovered that it had experienced a data breach in which the sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information in its system may have been accessed. Through its investigation, Lubbock Heart & Surgical Hospital determined that an unauthorized actor may have accessed this sensitive information between July 11 and July 12, 2022. On September 9, 2022, Lubbock Heart & Surgical Hospital began notifying individuals whose information may have been impacted. The type of information exposed includes:
- Social Security number
- Date of birth
- Contact information
- Health insurance information
- Medical information (e.g., record number, dates of service, diagnosis or treatment information, prescription information, provider name)
If you received a breach notification letter from Lubbock Heart & Surgical Hospital:
We would like to speak with you about your rights and potential legal remedies in response to this data breach. Please fill out the form, below, or contact us at (608) 237-1775 or email@example.com.
If you were impacted by the Lubbock Heart & Surgical Hospital data breach, you may consider taking the following steps to protect your personal information.
- Carefully review the breach notice and retain a copy;
- Enroll in the free credit monitoring service provided by Lubbock Heart & Surgical Hospital;
- Change passwords and security questions for online accounts;
- Regularly review account statements for signs of fraud or unauthorized activity;
- Monitor credit reports for signs of identity theft; and
- Contact a credit bureau(s) to request a temporary fraud alert.