Turke & Strauss LLP, a leading data breach law firm, is investigating McDermott Investment Advisors, LLC and McDermott Investment Services, LLC, regarding their recent data breach. The McDermott Investment data breach involved sensitive personal identifiable information belonging to an undetermined number of individuals.
ABOUT MCDERMOTT INVESTMENT ADVISORS, LLC AND MCDERMOTT INVESTMENT SERVICES, LLC:
McDermott Investment Advisors is an investment advisory firm offering a variety of financial services. Accordingly, McDermott Investment Services is an affiliated broker-dealer of McDermott Investment Advisors. Founded in 2004, McDermott Investment Advisors seeks to assist its clients in creating personalized investment portfolios to fit their needs and goals. Outside of wealth management, McDermott Investment Advisors offers financial planning, retirement planning, real estate advice, and trust planning services. Headquartered in Fort Myers, Florida, McDermott Investment Advisors operates 17 offices across 10 different states.
On March 2, 2022, McDermott Investment experienced a data breach in which the sensitive personal identifiable information in its systems may have been accessed. Through its investigation, McDermott Investment determined that an unauthorized actor may have accessed this sensitive information through an employee email account. On September 9, 2022, McDermott Investment began notifying individuals whose information may have been impacted. The type of information exposed includes:
- Social Security number
- Driver’s license number
- Passport number
- Tax identification numbers
- Financial information (e.g., account number, balance, or transaction information)
If you received a breach notification letter from McDermott Investment Advisors, LLC or McDermott Investment Services, LLC:
We would like to speak with you about your rights and potential legal remedies in response to this data breach. Please fill out the form, below, or contact us at (608) 237-1775 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you were impacted by the McDermott Investment data breach, you may consider taking the following steps to protect your personal information.
- Carefully review the breach notice and retain a copy;
- Enroll in the free credit monitoring service provided by McDermott Investment Advisors, LLC and McDermott Investment Services, LLC;
- Change passwords and security questions for online accounts;
- Regularly review account statements for signs of fraud or unauthorized activity;
- Monitor credit reports for signs of identity theft; and
- Contact a credit bureau(s) to request a temporary fraud alert.