Turke & Strauss LLP, a leading data breach law firm, is investigating Midway Importing, Inc. regarding its recent data breach. The Midway Importing data breach involved sensitive personal identifiable information belonging to an undetermined number of individuals.
ABOUT MIDWAY IMPORTING, INC.:
Midway Importing is a marketing and distribution company specializing in the Hispanic health and beauty product industry. Founded in 1989, Midway Importing provides logistics, merchandising, marketing, advertising, and brand management to bring a large number of well-known Hispanic products to retail stores and consumers in the United States. Accordingly, Midway Importing contracts with producers in the health, hair care, skin care, and baby products industries. Headquartered in Houston, Texas, Midway Importing operates a distribution center in Los Angeles and employs more than 300 individuals.
Recently, Midway Importing discovered that it had experienced a data breach in which the sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information in its system may have been accessed. Through its investigation, Midway Importing determined that an unauthorized actor may have accessed this sensitive information. On September 8, 2022, Midway Importing began notifying individuals whose information may have been impacted. The type of information exposed includes:
- Social Security number
- Driver’s license number
- Financial information (e.g., account number, credit or debit card number)
If you received a breach notification letter from Midway Importing, Inc.:
We would like to speak with you about your rights and potential legal remedies in response to this data breach. Please fill out the form, below, or contact us at (608) 237-1775 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you were impacted by the Midway Importing data breach, you may consider taking the following steps to protect your personal information.
- Carefully review the breach notice and retain a copy;
- Enroll in the free credit monitoring service provided by Midway Importing, Inc.;
- Change passwords and security questions for online accounts;
- Regularly review account statements for signs of fraud or unauthorized activity;
- Monitor credit reports for signs of identity theft; and
- Contact a credit bureau(s) to request a temporary fraud alert.