Turke & Strauss LLP, a leading data breach law firm, is investigating Gateway Diagnostic Imaging, LLC regarding its recent data breach. The Gateway Diagnostic Imaging data breach involved sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information belonging to an undetermined number of individuals.
ABOUT GATEWAY DIAGNOSTIC IMAGING, LLC:
Gateway Diagnostic Imaging is an outpatient medical imaging company. Founded in 2007, Gateway Diagnostic Imaging specializes in offering a variety of medical imaging services, including MRIs, CT scans, ultrasounds, and X-rays. Headquartered in Southlake, Texas, Gateway Diagnostic Imaging operates 12 clinics throughout the Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas, area. Gateway Diagnostic Imaging employs over 50 individuals and has an annual revenue more than $5 million.
On December 24, 2021, Gateway Diagnostic Imaging discovered that it had experienced a data breach in which the sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information in its systems may have been accessed. Through its investigation, Gateway Diagnostic Imaging concluded that an unauthorized actor may have accessed this sensitive information between December 17 and December 24, 2021. On September 2, 2022, Gateway Diagnostic Imaging began notifying individuals whose information may have been impacted. The type of information exposed includes:
- Social Security number
- Date of birth
- Health insurance information
- Medical information (e.g., account number, record number, dates of service, physician name)
If you received a breach notification letter from Gateway Diagnostic Imaging, LLC:
We would like to speak with you about your rights and potential legal remedies in response to this data breach. Please fill out the form, below, or contact us at (608) 237-1775 or email@example.com.
If you were impacted by the Gateway Diagnostic Imaging data breach, you may consider taking the following steps to protect your personal information.
- Carefully review the breach notice and retain a copy;
- Enroll in the free credit monitoring service provided by Gateway Diagnostic Imaging, LLC;
- Change passwords and security questions for online accounts;
- Regularly review account statements for signs of fraud or unauthorized activity;
- Monitor credit reports for signs of identity theft; and
- Contact a credit bureau(s) to request a temporary fraud alert.