Turke & Strauss LLP, a leading data breach law firm, is investigating the San Francisco 49ers, regarding its recent data breach. The San Francisco 49ers data breach involved sensitive personal identifiable information belonging to over 20,000 individuals.
ABOUT THE SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS:
The San Francisco 49ers are a professional America football team, playing in the West Division of the National Football Conference (NFC) in the National Football League (NFL). Founded in 1946, the San Francisco 49ers are valued at over $5 billion and reported over $575 million dollars in revenue in 2021. Headquartered in Santa Clara, California, the San Francisco 49ers employ over 4,000 individuals.
Between February 6, and February 11, 2022, the San Francisco 49ers experienced a data breach in which the sensitive personal identifiable information in its systems may have been accessed and acquired. Through its investigation, the San Francisco 49ers determined that an unauthorized actor may have accessed this sensitive information between February 6 and 11, 2022. The type of information exposed includes:
- Social Security Number
If you received a breach notification letter from the San Francisco 49ers:
We would like to speak with you about your rights and potential legal remedies in response to this data breach. Please fill out the form, below, or contact us at (608) 237-1775 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you were impacted by the San Francisco 49ers data breach, you may consider taking the following steps to protect your personal information.
- Carefully review the breach notice and retain a copy;
- Enroll in the free credit monitoring service provided by the San Francisco 49ers;
- Change passwords and security questions for online accounts;
- Regularly review account statements for signs of fraud or unauthorized activity;
- Monitor credit reports for signs of identity theft; and
- Contact a credit bureau(s) to request a temporary fraud alert.