Turke & Strauss LLP, a leading data breach law firm, is investigating Georgia Bone & Joint Surgeons, P.C., regarding its recent data breach. The Georgia Bone & Joint Surgeons data breach involved sensitive personal identifiable information belonging to and undetermined number of individuals.
ABOUT GEORGIA BONE & JOINT SURGEONS, P.C.:
Georgia Bone & Joint Surgeons is an orthopedic healthcare provider in Georgia. Founded in 1984, Georgia Bone & Joint Surgeons specializes in outpatient joint surgery, stem cell procedures, foot and ankle surgery, sports medicine, shoulder surgery, and spine surgery. Headquartered in Newnan, Georgia, Georgia Bone & Joint Surgeons operates the largest physical therapy department in south Atlanta, Georgia, with another clinic located in Peachtree City, Georgia.
On October 20, 2021, Georgia Bone & Joint Surgeons discovered that it had experienced a data breach in which the sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information in its systems may have been accessed. Through its investigation, Georgia Bone & Joint Surgeons determined that an unauthorized actor may have accessed this sensitive information between October 15 and October 20, 2021. On August 23, 2022, Georgia Bone & Joint Surgeons began notifying individuals whose information may have been impacted. The exact type of personal information has not been made publicly available by Georgia Bone & Joint Surgeons. However, according to state reporting guidelines, “personal information” can include the following types of information:
- Social Security number
- Driver’s license number or other government issued identification number
- Financial information
- Account passwords or other access codes for financial accounts
- Biometric data
- Genetic information
- Health records, including medical diagnosis or treatment or health insurance policy number
If you received a breach notification letter from Georgia Bone & Joint Surgeons:
We would like to speak with you about your rights and potential legal remedies in response to this data breach. Please fill out the form, below, or contact us at (608) 237-1775 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you were impacted by the Georgia Bone & Joint Surgeons data breach, you may consider taking the following steps to protect your personal information.
- Carefully review the breach notice and retain a copy;
- Enroll in the free credit monitoring service provided by Georgia Bone & Joint Surgeons, P.C.;
- Change passwords and security questions for online accounts;
- Regularly review account statements for signs of fraud or unauthorized activity;
- Monitor credit reports for signs of identity theft; and
- Contact a credit bureau(s) to request a temporary fraud alert.