Turke & Strauss LLP, a leading data breach law firm, is investigating Edward T. Leuschner, CPA, P.C., regarding its recent data breach. The Edward T. Leuschner data breach involved sensitive personal identifiable information belonging to over 1,600 individuals.
ABOUT EDWARD T. LEUSCHNER, CPA, P.C.:
Edward T. Leuschner is a certified public accounting and financial planning firm. Founded in 1979, Edward T. Leuschner specializes in personal financial planning, estate planning, small business accounting, business formation, internal controls, and a variety of tax services. Edward T. Leuschner is headquartered in Manhasset, New York.
On May 13, 2022, Edward T. Leuschner discovered that it had experienced a data breach in which the sensitive personal identifiable information in its systems may have been accessed. Through its investigation, Edward T. Leuschner determined that an unauthorized actor may have accessed this sensitive information between February and March 2022. On August 8, 2022, Edward T. Leuschner began notifying individuals whose information may have been impacted. The type of information exposed includes:
- Social Security number
- Date of birth
If you received a breach notification letter from Edward T. Leuschner, CPA, P.C.:
We would like to speak with you about your rights and potential legal remedies in response to this data breach. Please fill out the form, below, or contact us at (608) 237-1775 or email@example.com.
If you were impacted by the Edward T. Leuschner data breach, you may consider taking the following steps to protect your personal information.
- Carefully review the breach notice and retain a copy;
- Enroll in the free credit monitoring service provided by Edward T. Leuschner, CPA, P.C.;
- Change passwords and security questions for online accounts;
- Regularly review account statements for signs of fraud or unauthorized activity;
- Monitor credit reports for signs of identity theft; and
- Contact a credit bureau(s) to request a temporary fraud alert.