Turke & Strauss LLP, a leading data breach law firm, is investigating Baton Rouge General Medical Center, a subsidiary of General Health System, regarding its recent data breach. The Baton Rouge General Medical Center data breach involved sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information belonging to an undisclosed number of individuals.
ABOUT BATON ROUGE GENERAL MEDICAL CENTER:
Baton Rouge General Medical Center is a full-service community hospital. Founded in 1900, Baton Rouge General Medical Center has been serving the greater Baton Rouge area in many fields of medicine for over 100 years. Known for its burn center, oncology department, and heart programs, Baton Rouge General Medical Center offers expertise in everything from diagnostic imaging to weight loss. Headquartered in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, Baton Rouge General Medical Center employs over 1,000 individuals among its three campuses in Baton Rouge and Prairieville, Louisiana.
On June 28, 2022, Baton Rouge General Medical Center discovered that it had experienced a data breach in which the sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information in its systems may have been accessed. Through its investigation, Baton Rouge General Medical Center determined that an unknown actor may have accessed this sensitive information between June 24 and June 29, 2022. On November 7, 2022, Baton Rouge General Medical Center, through its parent company, General Health System, began notifying individuals whose information may have been impacted. The type of information exposed includes:
- Social Security number
- Date of birth
- Medical diagnosis/treatment information
- Biometric data
- Health insurance information
- Financial account information
- Driver’s license/state identification number
- Patient account number
- Medical record number
If you are a current or former patient of Baton Rouge General Medical Center or General Health System:
We would like to speak with you about your rights and potential legal remedies in response to this data breach. Please fill out the form, below, or contact us at (608) 237-1775 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you were impacted by the Baton Rouge General Medical Center data breach, you may consider taking the following steps to protect your personal information.
- Carefully review the breach notice and retain a copy;
- Enroll in any free credit monitoring service provided by General Health System, Inc.;
- Change passwords and security questions for online accounts;
- Regularly review account statements for signs of fraud or unauthorized activity;
- Monitor credit reports for signs of identity theft; and
- Contact a credit bureau(s) to request a temporary fraud alert.