Turke & Strauss LLP, a leading data breach law firm, is investigating Friedrich Air Conditioning, LLC, regarding its recent data breach. The Friedrich Air Conditioning data breach involved sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information belonging to over 4,800 current and former employees.
ABOUT FRIEDRICH AIR CONDITIONING, LLC:
Friedrich Air Conditioning is a heating and air conditioning manufacturer that specializes in producing a variety of air conditioning units. Founded in 1883, Friedrich Air Conditioning started as a refrigerator manufacturer, inventing one of the world’s first electric refrigeration systems. By 1952, Friedrich Air Conditioning had expanded their product line into air conditioning by offering floating air window units. Today, Friedrich Air Conditioning provides portable air conditioning, HVAC systems, dehumidifiers, heat pumps, and more. Headquartered in San Antonio, Texas, Friedrich Air Conditioning employs more than 200 individuals.
On February 9, 2022, Friedrich Air Conditioning experienced a data breach in which the sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information in its systems may have been accessed. Through its investigation, Friedrich Air Conditioning determined that an unauthorized actor may have had access to this sensitive information between June 2021 and February 2022. On August 4, 2022, Friedrich Air Conditioning began notifying individuals whose information may have been impacted. The type of information exposed includes:
- Social Security number
- Date of birth
- Driver’s license number
- Passport number
- Medical information (e.g., medical record number, patient account number, diagnosis or treatment information)
- Health insurance information
- Financial information (e.g., account number, credit or debit card number, username or password)
- Tax identification number
If you are a current or former employee of Friedrich Air Conditioning, LLC:
We would like to speak with you about your rights and potential legal remedies in response to this data breach. Please fill out the form, below, or contact us at (608) 237-1775 or email@example.com.
If you were impacted by the Friedrich Air Conditioning data breach, you may consider taking the following steps to protect your personal information.
- Carefully review the breach notice and retain a copy;
- Enroll in the free credit monitoring service provided by Friedrich Air Conditioning, LLC;
- Change passwords and security questions for online accounts;
- Regularly review account statements for signs of fraud or unauthorized activity;
- Monitor credit reports for signs of identity theft; and
- Contact a credit bureau(s) to request a temporary fraud alert.