Turke & Strauss LLP, a leading data breach law firm, is investigating SFERRA Fine Linens, LLC, which does business as SFERRA, regarding its recent data breach. The SFERRA data breach involved sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information belonging to an undisclosed number of current and former employees.
ABOUT SFERRA FINE LINENS, LLC:
SFERRA is a luxury retail store that specializes in selling linens for bath, bed, and table. Founded by an Italian immigrant in 1891, SFERRA began by producing hand-crafted bed linens for luxury hotels and resorts along the eastern coast of the United States. Over time, SFERRA grew its business by hiring craftsmen and artisans skilled in Italian style lacemaking. Eventually, SFERRA expanded its product line into table linens, bath towels, clothing, décor, and more. Headquartered in Edison, New Jersey, SFERRA employs more than 50 individuals.
On April 24, 2022, SFERRA discovered that it had experienced a data breach in which the sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information in its systems may have been accessed. Through its investigation, SFERRA concluded that an unknown actor may have gained access to this sensitive information between April 14 and April 24, 2022. On August 18, 2022, SFERRA began notifying individuals whose information may have been impacted. The type of information exposed includes:
- Social Security number
- Date of birth
- Driver’s license number
- Passport number
- Financial information (e.g., account number, credit or debit card number)
- Medical information
- Health insurance information
- Electronic/ digital signature
- Username/ password
If you are a current or former employee of SFERRA Fine Linens, LLC:
We would like to speak with you about your rights and potential legal remedies in response to this data breach. Please fill out the form, below, or contact us at (608) 237-1775 or email@example.com.
If you were impacted by the SFERRA data breach, you may consider taking the following steps to protect your personal information.
- Carefully review the breach notice and retain a copy;
- Enroll in the free credit monitoring service provided by SFERRA Fine Linens, LLC;
- Change passwords and security questions for online accounts;
- Regularly review account statements for signs of fraud or unauthorized activity;
- Monitor credit reports for signs of identity theft; and
- Contact a credit bureau(s) to request a temporary fraud alert.