Turke & Strauss LLP, a leading data breach law firm, is investigating Blume Global, Inc., regarding its recent data breach. The Blume Global data breach involved sensitive personal identifiable information belonging to an undisclosed number of individuals.
ABOUT BLUME GLOBAL, INC.:
Blume Global is a technology and software development company that specializes in supply chain logistics and management. Founded in 1994, Blume Global uses artificial intelligence, machine learning, and big data to develop software that seeks to make supply chains more efficient and sustainable. Headquartered in Pleasanton, California, Blume Global operates locations across the United States, India, and China, facilitating Blume Global’s direct connection to significant transportation terminals. Today, Blume Global has saved supply chain stakeholders billions of dollars and employs over 200 individuals.
Recently, Blume Global discovered that it had experienced a data breach in which the sensitive personal identifiable information in its systems may have been accessed. Through its investigation, Blume Global determined that malware found in certain files and systems may have allowed an unauthorized actor to gain access to this sensitive information. On August 11, 2022, Blume Global began notifying individuals whose information may have been impacted. The exact type of personal information has not been disclosed by Blume Global. However, according to state reporting guidelines, “personal information” can include the following types of information:
- Social Security number
- Driver’s license number or state-issued ID card number
- Tax identification number
- Passport number
- Military identification number
- Account number, credit card number, or debit card number
- Username or email address in combination with a password or security question answer
- Medical information and health insurance information
- Unique biometric data
- Genetic data
If you received a breach notification letter from Blume Global:
We would like to speak with you about your rights and potential legal remedies in response to this data breach. Please fill out the form, below, or contact us at (608) 237-1775 or email@example.com.
If you were impacted by the Blume Global data breach, you may consider taking the following steps to protect your personal information.
- Carefully review the breach notice and retain a copy;
- Enroll in the free credit monitoring service provided by Blume Global Inc.;
- Change passwords and security questions for online accounts;
- Regularly review account statements for signs of fraud or unauthorized activity;
- Monitor credit reports for signs of identity theft; and
- Contact a credit bureau(s) to request a temporary fraud alert.