Turke & Strauss LLP, a leading data breach law firm, is investigating Conifer Revenue Cycle Solutions, LLC, a subsidiary of Conifer Health Solutions, LLC, regarding its recent data breach. The Conifer data breach involved sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information belonging to an undisclosed number of individuals.
ABOUT CONIFER REVENUE CYCLE SOLUTIONS, LLC:
Conifer is a payroll and healthcare consulting company that works to provide solutions for revenue processing and management. Since its founding in 2008, Conifer has quickly expanded its operations to work with major hospitals, health systems, physicians’ groups, and unions throughout the country. Headquartered in Frisco, Texas, Conifer employs more than 10,000 individuals and manages over $25 billion in net patient revenue annually.
On April 14, 2022, Conifer discovered that it had experienced a data breach in which the sensitive personal identifiable information in its systems may have been accessed. Through its investigation, Conifer determined that an unauthorized actor may have gained access to this sensitive information through a business email account on January 20, 2022. The investigation also revealed that some the sensitive information accessed belonged to patients of Conifer’s healthcare clients, including St. Francis Hospital, Hilton Head Hospital, Baptist Health System, Resolute Health Hospital, The Hospitals of Providence – Memorial Campus, Valley Baptist Medical Center – Brownsville, Valley Baptist Medical Center – Harlingen, and Brookwood Baptist Medical Center. On August 12, 2022, Conifer began notifying individuals whose information may have been impacted. The type of information exposed includes:
- Date of birth
- Social Security number
- Driver’s license number or identification card number
- Financial account information
- Medical and/or treatment information
- Health insurance and billing information
If you received a breach notification letter from Conifer Revenue Cycle Solutions:
We would like to speak with you about your rights and potential legal remedies in response to this data breach. Please fill out the form, below, or contact us at (608) 237-1775 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you were impacted by the Conifer data breach, you may consider taking the following steps to protect your personal information.
- Carefully review the breach notice and retain a copy;
- Enroll in the free credit monitoring service provided by Conifer Revenue Cycle Solutions, LLC;
- Change passwords and security questions for online accounts;
- Regularly review account statements for signs of fraud or unauthorized activity;
- Monitor credit reports for signs of identity theft; and
- Contact a credit bureau(s) to request a temporary fraud alert.