Turke & Strauss LLP, a leading data breach law firm, is investigating RINA Accountants & Advisors, now called Aprio, LLP, regarding its recent data breach. The RINA Accountants & Advisors data breach involved sensitive personal identifiable information belonging to an undetermined number of individuals.
ABOUT RINA ACCOUNTANTS & ADVISORS:
RINA Accountants & Advisors is a full-service accounting and consulting firm. Founded in 1946, RINA Accountants & Advisors specializes in serving high-net-worth individuals and businesses operating in the real estate, non-profit, manufacturing, and technology industries. In August 2022, RINA Accountants & Advisors merged with Aprio, LLP, a top-35 certified public accountant and business advisory firm. Headquartered in San Francisco, California, RINA Accountants & Advisors employs more than 1,000 individuals.
In May 2022, RINA Accountants & Advisors was made aware that certain clients had experienced fraudulent tax returns, indicating that it had experienced a data breach in which the sensitive personal identifiable information in its systems may have been accessed. Through its investigation, RINA Accountants & Advisors determined an unauthorized actor may have gained access to this sensitive information between February 28 and June 6, 2022. On August 1, 2022, RINA Accountants & Advisors began notifying individuals whose information may have been impacted. The exact type of personal information exposed has not been disclosed by RINA Accountants & Advisors. However, according to state reporting guidelines, “personal information” can include the following types of information:
· Social Security number
· Driver’s license number or state-issued ID card number
· Passport number
· Tax identification number
· Military identification number
· Account number, credit card number, or debit card number
· Username or email address in combination with a password or security question answer
· Medical information and health insurance information
· Unique biometric data
· Genetic data
If you received a breach notification letter from RINA Accountants & Advisors:
We would like to speak with you about your rights and potential legal remedies in response to this data breach. Please fill out the form, below, or contact us at (608) 237-1775 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you were impacted by the RINA Accountants & Advisors data breach, you may consider taking the following steps to protect your personal information.
- Carefully review the breach notice and retain a copy;
- Enroll in the free credit monitoring service provided by RINA Accountants & Advisors;
- Change passwords and security questions for online accounts;
- Regularly review account statements for signs of fraud or unauthorized activity;
- Monitor credit reports for signs of identity theft; and
- Contact a credit bureau(s) to request a temporary fraud alert.