Turke & Strauss LLP, a leading data breach law firm, is investigating Florida Springs Surgery Center, LLC, regarding its recent data breach. The Florida Springs Surgery Center data breach involved the sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information belonging to over 2,200 individuals.
ABOUT FLORIDA SPRINGS SURGERY CENTER, LLC:
Florida Springs Surgery Center is a healthcare organization specializing in ambulatory surgery. This includes orthopedic surgery, neurosurgery, total joint replacement, and more. Florida Springs Surgery Center was established by a group of local surgeons with the goal of creating a space for surgeries outside of a hospital. Headquartered in Spring Hill, Florida, Florida Springs Surgery Center employs ten physicians.
On June 2, 2022, Florida Springs Surgery Center discovered that it had experienced a data breach in which the sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information in its systems may have been accessed. Through its investigation, Florida Springs Surgery Center determined that an unauthorized actor may have gained access to this sensitive information through an email account between May 25 and June 2, 2022. On August 9, 2022, Florida Springs Surgery Center began notifying individuals whose information may have been impacted. The type of information exposed includes:
- Social Security number
- Date of birth
- Medical record number
- Health insurance information
- Billing/claims information
- Medical information (e.g., diagnosis, treatment, and/or prescription information)
If you received a breach notification letter from Florida Springs Surgery Center:
We would like to speak with you about your rights and potential legal remedies in response to this data breach. Please fill out the form, below, or contact us at (608) 237-1775 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you were impacted by the Florida Springs Surgery Center data breach, you may consider taking the following steps to protect your personal information.
- Carefully review the breach notice and retain a copy;
- Enroll in the free credit monitoring service provided by Florida Springs Surgery Center, LLC;
- Change passwords and security questions for online accounts;
- Regularly review account statements for signs of fraud or unauthorized activity;
- Monitor credit reports for signs of identity theft; and
- Contact a credit bureau(s) to request a temporary fraud alert.