Turke & Strauss LLP, a leading data breach law firm, is investigating Vertafore, Inc., regarding its recent data breach. Vertafore is a software development company that acts as a managed services provider for various insurance agencies, including Padula Insurance Agency, Inc. Although much information is still unknown about the breach, the Vertafore data breach involved sensitive personal identifiable information belonging to an undisclosed number of individuals.
ABOUT VERTAFORE, INC.:
Vertafore is a technology and software development company that primarily serves the insurance industry. Vertafore provides a wide range of software, with specialties in artificial intelligence, machine learning, data analytics, and agency management systems. Founded by in 1969, Vertafore employs over 1,000 individuals. Today, Vertafore is headquartered in Denver, Colorado, with an additional six offices across the United States, Canada, and India.
Vertafore recently discovered that it had experienced a data breach in which the sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information in its systems may have been accessed. Through its investigation, Vertafore determined that an unauthorized actor gained access to customer data belonging to its clients, including Padula Insurance Agency. Recently, Vertafore began notifying individuals whose information may have been impacted. The type of information exposed includes:
- Social Security number
- Date of birth
- Financial information (e.g., bank account information, credit or debit card number)
If you received a breach notification letter from Vertafore:
We would like to speak with you about your rights and potential legal remedies in response to this data breach. Please fill out the form, below, or contact us at (608) 237-1775 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you were impacted by the Vertafore data breach, you may consider taking the following steps to protect your personal information.
- Carefully review the breach notice and retain a copy;
- Enroll in the free credit monitoring service provided by Vertafore, Inc.;
- Change passwords and security questions for online accounts;
- Regularly review account statements for signs of fraud or unauthorized activity;
- Monitor credit reports for signs of identity theft; and
- Contact a credit bureau(s) to request a temporary fraud alert.