Turke & Strauss LLP, a leading data breach law firm, is investigating First Choice Community Healthcare, Inc., regarding its recent data breach. The First Choice Community Healthcare data breach involved sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information belonging to over 100,000 individuals.
ABOUT FIRST CHOICE COMMUNITY HEALTHCARE, INC.:
First Choice Community Healthcare is a hospital and health care company headquartered in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Operating nine health centers throughout three different counties, First Choice Community Healthcare provides primary medical, dental, and behavioral healthcare services to its patients. Since its founding in 1972, First Choice Community Healthcare Services has grown to employ over 200 individuals in a variety of medical and administrative roles.
On March 27, 2022, First Choice Community Healthcare Services discovered that it had experienced a data breach in which the sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information in its system may have been accessed and acquired. Through its investigation, First Choice Community Healthcare determined that an unauthorized actor may have accessed and acquired this sensitive information. On August 1, 2022, First Choice Community Healthcare Services began notifying individuals whose information may have been impacted. The type of information exposed includes:
- Social Security number
- Date of birth
- Health insurance information
- Medical information (e.g., medications, patient account number, etc.)
If you received a breach notification letter from First Choice Community Healthcare:
We would like to speak with you about your rights and potential legal remedies in response to this data breach. Please fill out the form, below, or contact us at (608) 237-1775 or email@example.com.
If you were impacted by the First Choice Community Healthcare data breach, you may consider taking the following steps to protect your personal information.
- Carefully review the breach notice and retain a copy;
- Enroll in the free credit monitoring service provided by First Choice Community Healthcare, Inc.;
- Change passwords and security questions for online accounts;
- Regularly review account statements for signs of fraud or unauthorized activity;
- Monitor credit reports for signs of identity theft; and
- Contact a credit bureau(s) to request a temporary fraud alert.