Turke & Strauss LLP, a leading data breach law firm, is investigating Allegheny Health Network, regarding its recent data breach. The Allegheny Health Network data breach involved sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information belonging to its patients.
ABOUT ALLEGHENY HEALTH NETWORK:
Allegheny Health Network is a 14-hospital medical system based in Pittsburgh with facilities located in Western Pennsylvania and one hospital in New York. Allegheny Health Network offers a full range of medical services, including primary care, specialty care, and wellness pavilions. Allegheny Health Network specialties include bariatric and metabolic, cancer, cardiovascular, diabetes and endocrinology, neuroscience, mental health, and women’s health. Founded in 1999 Allegheny Health Network is a part of Highmark Health and has over 10,000 employees.
On May 31 and June 1, 2022, Allegheny Health Network experienced a data breach in which the sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information in its system may have been accessed. Allegheny Health Network’s investigation is ongoing, and the full extent of the investigation is pending. According to an Allegheny Health Network spokesperson, the type of information exposed includes:
- Social Security number
- Financial information
- Medical information (diagnoses, condition, treatment, dates of treatment)
- Medical record ID number
- Date of birth
- Contact information (phone number, email address)
- Driver’s license number
If you received a breach notification letter from Allegheny Health Network:
We would like to speak with you about your rights and potential legal remedies in response to this data breach. Please fill out the form, below, or contact us at (608) 237-1775 or email@example.com.
If you were impacted by the Allegheny Health Network data breach, you may consider taking the following steps to protect your personal information.
- Carefully review the breach notice and retain a copy;
- Enroll in the free credit monitoring service provided by Allegheny Health Network;
- Change passwords and security questions for online accounts;
- Regularly review account statements for signs of fraud or unauthorized activity;
- Monitor credit reports for signs of identity theft; and
- Contact a credit bureau(s) to request a temporary fraud alert.