Turke & Strauss LLP, a leading data breach law firm, is investigating Atlantic Coast Athletic Clubs regarding its recent breach. The Atlantic Coast Athletic Clubs data breach involved sensitive personal identifiable information belonging to over 9,700 current and former employees.
ABOUT ATLANTIC COAST ATHLETIC CLUBS:
Atlantic Coast Athletic Clubs is a group of full-service fitness and wellness clubs with locations in Virginia, Maryland, and Pennsylvania. Founded in 2003, Atlantic Coast Athletic Clubs operates 12 facilities and specializes in corporate wellness, physician referral exercise programs, and fitness programs. Atlantic Coast Athletic Clubs is headquartered in Charlottesville, Virginia, and has over 3,000 employees.
On June 20, 2022, Atlantic Coast Athletic Clubs discovered that it had experienced a data breach in which the sensitive personal identifiable information in its system and relating to its employees may have been accessed. On July 19, 2022, Atlantic Coast Athletic Clubs began notifying individuals whose information may have been impacted. The type of information exposed includes:
- Social Security number
If you are a current or former employee of Atlantic Coast Athletic Clubs:
We would like to speak with you about your rights and potential legal remedies in response to this data breach. Please fill out the form, below, or contact us at (608) 237-1775 or email@example.com.
If you were impacted by the Atlantic Coast Athletic Clubs data breach, you may consider taking the following steps to protect your personal information.
- Carefully review the breach notice and retain a copy;
- Enroll in the free credit monitoring service provided by Athletic Coast Athletic Clubs;
- Change passwords and security questions for online accounts;
- Regularly review account statements for signs of fraud or unauthorized activity;
- Monitor credit reports for signs of identity theft; and
- Contact a credit bureau(s) to request a temporary fraud alert.