Turke & Strauss LLP, a leading data breach law firm, is investigating Avante Health Solutions regarding its recent breach. The Avante Health Solutions data breach involved sensitive personal identifiable information belonging to current and former employees, their beneficiaries, and/or the family members of current and former employees who may have participated in Avante Health Solutions’ health insurance plan.
ABOUT AVANTE HEALTH SOLUTIONS:
Avante Health Solutions is privately held surgical and medical equipment supplier specializing in the sale of new and refurbished equipment. Avante Health Solutions’ products includes medical surgical supplies, patient monitoring equipment, medical imaging equipment, ultrasound products, and oncology services. Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, Avante Health Solutions’ portfolio of services also includes on-site remote access, tech support, and equipment rentals. Founded in 2017, Avante Health Solutions has over 200 employees and locations in Los Angeles, Chicago, Louisville, Ferndale, and Concord.
On May 12, 2022, Avante Health Solutions discovered that it had experienced a data breach in which the sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information in its system may have been accessed. Avante Health Solutions disclosed that the data breach was a ransomware attack that may have exposed employment data of over 1,700 current and former employees. On June 27, 2022, Avante Health Solutions began notifying individuals whose information may have been impacted. The type of information exposed includes:
- Social Security number
- S. alien registration number
- Passport number
- Driver’s license number or state issued ID number
- Military ID number
- Tax ID number
- Non-U.S. national identification number
- Account number
- Credit/debit card number
- Incidental health reference
- Medical treatment information/diagnosis
- Prescription information and provider name
- MRN/patient ID and Medicare/Medicaid number
- Health insurance information
- Treatment cost information
If you are a current or former employee of Avante Health Solutions:
We would like to speak with you about your rights and potential legal remedies in response to this data breach. Please fill out the form, below, or contact us at (608) 237-1775 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you were impacted by the Avante Health Solutions data breach, you may consider taking the following steps to protect your personal information.
- Carefully review the breach notice and retain a copy;
- Enroll in the free credit monitoring service provided by Avante Health Solutions;
- Change passwords and security questions for online accounts;
- Regularly review account statements for signs of fraud or unauthorized activity;
- Monitor credit reports for signs of identity theft; and
- Contact a credit bureau(s) to request a temporary fraud alert.