Turke & Strauss LLP, a leading data breach law firm, is investigating Lawson Products, Inc., regarding its recent breach. The Lawson Products data breach involved sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information belonging to over 29,000 individuals.
ABOUT LAWSON PRODUCTS, INC.:
Lawson Products is an industrial distributer of maintenance and repair supplies. Founded in 1952, and headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, Lawson Products supplies its customers with maintenance hardware, fastening systems, cutting tools, chemicals, abrasive, hydraulics, welding, and automotive products. Lawson Products sells supply products and services to collision and mechanical repairs shops under its Kent Automotive brand. Lawson Products ships over 60,000 products to customers in all 50 states as well as Puerto Rico, Canada, Mexico, and the Caribbean. Lawson Products, a publicly traded company, has over 1,000 employees and several distribution centers across North America. In 2021, Lawson Products had net sales of over $400 million.
According to official state filings, Lawson Products discovered that it had experienced a data breach in which the sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information in its system may have been accessed. While details regarding the data incident are still pending, Lawson Products determined that an unauthorized actor may have accessed the following types of sensitive information:
- Social Security number
- Financial account information
- Driver’s license number
- Government-issued ID number
- Medical information
- Health insurance information
If you are a current or former employee of Lawson Products:
We would like to speak with you about your rights and potential legal remedies in response to this data breach. Please fill out the form, below, or contact us at (608) 237-1775 or email@example.com.
If you were impacted by the Lawson Products data breach, you may consider taking the following steps to protect your personal information.
- Carefully review the breach notice and retain a copy;
- Enroll in the free credit monitoring service provided by Lawson Products, Inc.;
- Change passwords and security questions for online accounts;
- Regularly review account statements for signs of fraud or unauthorized activity;
- Monitor credit reports for signs of identity theft; and
- Contact a credit bureau(s) to request a temporary fraud alert.