Turke & Strauss LLP, a leading data breach law firm, is investigating Benson Health, regarding its recent data breach. The Benson Health data breach involved sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information belonging to over 28,000 individuals.
ABOUT BENSON HEALTH:
Benson Health is a healthcare provider located in Benson, North Carolina, servicing, Johnston, Harnett, and Sampson counties. Benson Health offers a full range of medical services, including primary care, acute care, treatment, and diabetic care. Founded in 1979, Benson Health was formerly known as Benson Area Medical Center. Benson Health features 10 providers, a clinical pharmacy, lab, and x-ray services.
On May 5, 2021, Benson Health discovered that it had experienced a data breach in which the sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information in its system may have been accessed. On July 12, 2022, Benson Health began notifying patients whose information may have been impacted. The type of information exposed includes:
- Social Security number
- Date of birth
- Health and treatment information
If you are current or former patient of Benson Health:
We would like to speak with you about your rights and potential legal remedies in response to this data breach. Please fill out the form, below, or contact us at (608) 237-1775 or email@example.com.
If you were impacted by the Benson Health data breach, you may consider taking the following steps to protect your personal information.
- Carefully review the breach notice and retain a copy;
- Enroll in the free credit monitoring service provided by Benson Health;
- Change passwords and security questions for online accounts;
- Regularly review account statements for signs of fraud or unauthorized activity;
- Monitor credit reports for signs of identity theft; and
- Contact a credit bureau(s) to request a temporary fraud alert.