Turke & Strauss LLP, a leading data breach law firm, is investigating Sixt Rent-A-Car, LLC, regarding a recent data breach. The Sixt Rent-A-Car data breach involved sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information belonging an unknown number of individuals.
ABOUT SIXT RENT-A-CAR:
Sixt Rent-A-Car is a car rental and rideshare company founded in Munich, Germany in 1912. In 2011, Sixt Rent-A-Car expanded to the U.S. market with a location in Florida. Since its initial expansion into the United States, Sixt Rent-A-Car’s presence has grown to include car rental locations in major cities across the United States. Additionally, Sixt Rent-A-Car has over 2,200 locations in 105 countries worldwide. With a fleet of over 222,000 rental vehicles, Sixt Rent-A-Car is one of the fastest growing mobility companies in the world generating over $2.28 billion in revenue in 2021 and employing over 6,000 individuals.
On April 29, 2022, Sixt Rent-A-Car experienced a data breach in which the sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information of individuals in its system may have been accessed. While much information is still unknown about the breach, Sixt Rent-A-Car’s breach notification letters indicate that the sensitive information of Sixt Rent-A-Car’s employees and their dependents may have been impacted. On July 6, 2022, Sixt Rent-A-Car began notifying individuals whose information may have been impacted. The type of information exposed includes:
- Social Security number
- Date of birth
- Health insurance information
- Driver’s license number
- State identification card number
- Passport number or other government-issued identification number
- Financial account number used for direct deposit
If you are a current or former employee of Sixt Rent-A-Car:
We would like to speak with you about your rights and potential legal remedies in response to this data breach. Please fill out the form, below, or contact us at (608) 237-1775 or email@example.com.
If you were impacted by the Sixt Rent-A-Car data breach, you may consider taking the following steps to protect your personal information.
- Carefully review the breach notice and retain a copy;
- Enroll in the free credit monitoring service provided by Sixt Rent-A-Car, LLC;
- Change passwords and security questions for online accounts;
- Regularly review account statements for signs of fraud or unauthorized activity;
- Monitor credit reports for signs of identity theft; and
- Contact a credit bureau(s) to request a temporary fraud alert.