Turke & Strauss LLP, a leading data breach law firm, is investigating Wilkins Recreational Vehicles, Inc. regarding its recent breach. The Wilkins RV data breach involved sensitive personal identifiable information belonging to over 17,000 individuals.
ABOUT WILKINS RECREATIONAL VEHICLES, INC.:
Wilkins RV is a dealer of new and pre-owned motor homes, travel trailers, fifth wheels, toy haulers, and tent campers in New York and northern Pennsylvania. Wilkins RV has seven New York locations in Bath, Brewerton, Clay, Churchville, Fulton, Nichols, and Victor. Wilkins RV also offers RV financing at all of its locations.
On February 8, 2022, Wilkins RV discovered that it had experienced a data breach in which the sensitive personal identifiable information in its system may have been accessed. Wilkins RV disclosed that the data breach was a ransomware attack that occurred on February 8, 2022, but that the perpetrators gained access to Wilkins RV’s system on February 2, 2022. On June 8, 2022, Wilkins RV began notifying individuals whose information may have been impacted. The type of information exposed includes:
- Social Security number
- Driver’s license number
- Financial account numbers
If you have obtained financing through Wilkins Recreational Vehicle, Inc.:
We would like to speak with you about your rights and potential legal remedies in response to this data breach. Please fill out the form, below, or contact us at (608) 237-1775 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you were impacted by the Wilkins RV data breach, you may consider taking the following steps to protect your personal information.
- Carefully review the breach notice and retain a copy;
- Enroll in the free credit monitoring service provided by Wilkins RV;
- Change passwords and security questions for online accounts;
- Regularly review account statements for signs of fraud or unauthorized activity;
- Monitor credit reports for signs of identity theft; and
- Contact a credit bureau(s) to request a temporary fraud alert.