Turke & Strauss LLP, a leading data breach law firm, is investigating Kaiser Foundation Health Plan of Washington (which does business as Kaiser Permanente) regarding its recent breach. According to a notice on Kaiser Permanente’s website, the data breach involved the protected health information belonging to over 69,000 patients.
ABOUT KAISER PERMANENTE:
Kaiser Permanente is an integrated healthcare system operating in 8 states and the District of Columbia. Kaiser Foundation Health Plan of Washington is the Washington State based arm of Kaiser Permanente. Kaiser Permanente offers health plans for individuals, employers, and employees. Headquartered in Oakland, California, Kaiser Permanente has over 600 locations and employs over 200,000 people.
On April 5, 2022, Kaiser Permanente experienced a data breach in which the protected health information of patients in its system may have been accessed. Kaiser Permanente recently began notifying individuals whose information may have been impacted. The type of information exposed includes:
- Medical record number
- Dates of service
- Laboratory test result information
If you are a current or former patient of Kaiser Permanente in Washington:
We would like to speak with you about your rights and potential legal remedies in response to this data breach. Please fill out the form, below, or contact us at (608) 237-1775 or email@example.com.
If you were impacted by the Kaiser Permanente data breach, you may consider taking the following steps to protect your personal information.
- Carefully review the breach notice and retain a copy;
- Enroll in the free credit monitoring service provided by Kaiser Permanente;
- Change passwords and security questions for online accounts;
- Regularly review account statements for signs of fraud or unauthorized activity;
- Monitor credit reports for signs of identity theft; and
- Contact a credit bureau(s) to request a temporary fraud alert.