Turke & Strauss LLP, a leading data breach law firm, recently filed a class action lawsuit against Lower LLC regarding its recent data breach. The Lower data breach involved sensitive personal identifiable information belonging to over 85,000 individuals.
ABOUT LOWER LLC:
Lower is a direct mortgage lender that is part of Homeside Financial. Headquartered in New Albany, Ohio, Lower specializes in home financing, cash out loans, and other consumer loan options. Lower was founded in 2018 and has over 500 employees.
On December 14, 2021, Lower discovered that it had experienced a data breach in which sensitive personal identifiable information in its network was accessed and removed. Between February 24 and May 27, 2022, Lower began notifying individuals whose information may have been impacted. The type of information exposed includes:
- Social Security number
- Driver’s license number
- Financial information
- Date of birth
If you have provided your personal information to Lower LLC:
Turke & Strauss recently joined a class action complaint against Lower LLC in the United States District Court for the District of Maryland. The lawsuit was filed on behalf of all impacted individuals in the United States. You can review a copy of the complaint here.
If you were impacted by the Lower data breach, you may consider taking the following steps to protect your personal information.
- Carefully review the breach notice and retain a copy;
- Enroll in the free credit monitoring service provided by Lower LLC;
- Change passwords and security questions for online accounts;
- Regularly review account statements for signs of fraud or unauthorized activity;
- Monitor credit reports for signs of identity theft; and
- Contact a credit bureau(s) to request a temporary fraud alert.