Turke & Strauss LLP, a leading data breach law firm, is investigating Optoma Technology, Inc., regarding its recent breach. The Optoma data breach involved sensitive personal identifiable information belonging to and unknown number of Optoma employees.
ABOUT OPTOMA TECHNOLOGY, INC.:
Optoma is a computer and electronics manufacturing company specializing in video and audio products. Optoma’s products include projectors, flat panel displays, and LED displays. Headquartered in Freemont, California, Optoma has over 500 employees and was founded in 1995.
On May 1, 2022, Optoma discovered that it had experienced a data breach in which the sensitive personal identifiable information in its system may have been accessed. Optoma revealed that breach was a ransomware attack that occurred between April 21 and May 1, 2022. In late May 2022, Optoma began notifying individuals whose information may have been impacted. The type of information exposed includes:
- Social Security number
- Driver’s license number or state identification number
- Government issued identification card
- Financial account information
- Payment information
- Health insurance information
- Username and password
If you are a current or former employee of Optoma Technology, Inc.:
We would like to speak with you about your rights and potential legal remedies in response to this data breach. Please fill out the form, below, or contact us at (608) 237-1775 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you were impacted by the Optoma data breach, you may consider taking the following steps to protect your personal information
- Carefully review the breach notice and retain a copy;
- Enroll in the free credit monitoring service provided by Acorda Therapeutics, Inc.;
- Change passwords and security questions for online accounts;
- Regularly review account statements for signs of fraud or unauthorized activity;
- Monitor credit reports for signs of identity theft; and
- Contact a credit bureau(s) to request a temporary fraud alert.