Turke & Strauss LLP, a leading data breach law firm, is investigating Acorda Therapeutics, Inc., regarding its recent breach. The Acorda Therapeutics data breach involved sensitive personal identifiable information belonging to over 1,500 individuals.
ABOUT ACORDA THERAPEUTICS, INC.:
Acorda Therapeutics is a publicly traded biotechnology company that develops commercial neurological therapies. Acorda Therapeutics started as a network of physicians, scientists, and businesspeople in 1995. With locations in Ardsley and Chelsea, New York, Acorda Therapeutics has over 500 employees.
On or about January 18, 2022, Acorda Therapeutics discovered that it had experienced a data breach in which the sensitive personal identifiable information in its system may have been accessed. On May 27, 2022, Acorda Therapeutics began notifying individuals whose information may have been impacted. The type of information exposed includes:
- Social Security number
If you have provided your personal information to Acorda Therapeutics, Inc.:
We would like to speak with you about your rights and potential legal remedies in response to this data breach. Please fill out the form, below, or contact us at (608) 237-1775 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you were impacted by the Acorda Therapeutics data breach, you may consider taking the following steps to protect your personal information
- Carefully review the breach notice and retain a copy;
- Enroll in the free credit monitoring service provided by Acorda Therapeutics, Inc.;
- Change passwords and security questions for online accounts;
- Regularly review account statements for signs of fraud or unauthorized activity;
- Monitor credit reports for signs of identity theft; and
- Contact a credit bureau(s) to request a temporary fraud alert.