Turke & Strauss LLP, a leading data breach law firm, is investigating Shields Health Care Group, Inc. regarding its recent data breach. The Shields Health Care Group data breach involved sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information of over 2,000,000 patients.
ABOUT SHIELDS HEALTH CARE GROUP, INC.:
Shields Health Care Group is an independent medical service provider in the New England area. The Massachusetts-based company provides medical imaging and outpatient surgical services to over 30 facilities throughout New England. Shields Health Care Group was founded in 1972 and employs over 500 people.
On March 18, 2022, Shields Health Care Group was alerted to a security issue regarding its system. Later, on March 28, 2022, Shields Health Care Group discovered that it experienced a data breach involving the sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information of its patients. Shields Health Care Group determined that, between March 7 and March 21, 2022, certain data was compromised and acquired by an unknown actor. On May 27, 2022, Shields Health Care Group reported the breach to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and began notifying patients whose information may have been impacted. The type of patient information exposed includes:
- Social Security number
- Date of birth
- Provider information
- Billing Information
- Insurance number and information
- Medical record number
- Patient ID
- Medical or treatment information
If you have provided your personal information to Shields Health Care Group, Inc.:
We would like to speak with you about your rights and potential legal remedies in response to this data breach. Please fill out the form, below, or contact us at (608) 237-1775 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you were impacted by the Shields Health Care Group data breach, you may consider taking the following steps to protect your personal information.
- Carefully review the breach notice and retain a copy;
- Enroll in the free credit monitoring service provided by Shields Health Care Group, Inc.;
- Change passwords and security questions for online accounts;
- Regularly review account statements for signs of fraud or unauthorized activity;
- Monitor credit reports for signs of identity theft; and
- Contact a credit bureau(s) to request a temporary fraud alert.