Turke & Strauss LLP, a leading data breach law firm, is investigating Comstar, LLC. regarding its recent breach. The Comstar data breach involved sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information belonging to over 565,000 individuals.
ABOUT COMSTAR, LLC:
Comstar is an ambulance billing service that processes medical claims, sends ambulance bills, and provides collection services. Founded in 1984, Comstar provides EMS organizations with a tool that streamlines the insurance and Medicare reimbursement process. Comstar is headquartered in Rowley, Massachusetts.
On March 26, 2022, Comstar experienced a data breach in which the sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information of individuals in its system may have been accessed. On May 23, 2022, Comstar began notifying individuals whose information may have been impacted. The type of information exposed includes:
- Social Security number
- Medical assessment and medication administration
- Health insurance information
- Driver’s license number
- Financial account information
If you received a breach notification letter from Comstar, LLC:
We would like to speak with you about your rights and potential legal remedies in response to this data breach. Please fill out the form, below, or contact us at (608) 237-1775 or email@example.com.
If you were impacted by the Comstar data breach, you may consider taking the following steps to protect your personal information.
- Carefully review the breach notice and retain a copy;
- Enroll in the free credit monitoring service provided by Comstar, LLC;
- Change passwords and security questions for online accounts;
- Regularly review account statements for signs of fraud or unauthorized activity;
- Monitor credit reports for signs of identity theft; and
- Contact a credit bureau(s) to request a temporary fraud alert.