Turke & Strauss LLP, a leading data breach law firm, is investigating Val Verde Regional Medical Center regarding its recent breach. The Val Verde Regional Medical Center data breach involved sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information of over 86,000 individuals.
ABOUT VAL VERDE REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER:
Val Verde Regional Medical Center is the primary medical care provider in the Del Rio, Texas, area. The medical center provides a wide variety of services, including emergency medical services, cancer services, cardiology, orthopedics, pediatrics, rehabilitation services, surgical services, and mental health services. Val Verde Regional Medical Center was founded in 1959 and currently employs over 700 people.
On March 10, 2022, Val Verde Regional Medical Center experienced a data breach involving the sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information of its patients. On May 24, 2022, Val Verde Regional Medical Center began notifying patients whose information may have been impacted. The type of patient information exposed includes:
- Date of birth
- Social Security number
- Patient account number
- Medical record number
- Medical information
- Health insurance information
If you are a current or former patient of Val Verde Regional Medical Center:
We would like to speak with you about your rights and potential legal remedies in response to this data breach. Please fill out the form, below, or contact us at (608) 237-1775 or email@example.com.
If you were impacted by the Val Verde Regional Medical Center data breach, you may consider taking the following steps to protect your personal information.
- Carefully review the breach notice and retain a copy;
- Enroll in the free credit monitoring service provided by Val Verde Regional Medical Center;
- Change passwords and security questions for online accounts;
- Regularly review account statements for signs of fraud or unauthorized activity;
- Monitor credit reports for signs of identity theft; and
- Contact a credit bureau(s) to request a temporary fraud alert.