Turke & Strauss LLP, a leading data breach law firm, is investigating Biolase, Inc. regarding its recent breach. The Biolase data breach involved sensitive personal identifiable information belonging to over 6,000 individuals.
ABOUT BIOLASE INC. :
Biolase is a medical device manufacturer that specializes in laser systems for dental procedures. Headquartered in Foothill Ranch, California, Biolase was founded in 1987 and has over 500 employees.
Between December 21 and 29, 2021, Biolase experienced a data breach in which the sensitive personal identifiable information of individuals in its system may have been accessed and/or removed. On May 20, 2022, Biolase began notifying individuals whose information may have been impacted. The type of information exposed includes:
- Social Security number
- Financial account number
- Payment card number and CVV code
If you have provided your personal information to Biolase, Inc.:
We would like to speak with you about your rights and potential legal remedies in response to this data breach. Please fill out the form, below, or contact us at (608) 237-1775 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you were impacted by the Biolase data breach, you may consider taking the following steps to protect your personal information.
- Carefully review the breach notice and retain a copy;
- Enroll in the free credit monitoring service provided by Biolase, Inc.;
- Change passwords and security questions for online accounts;
- Regularly review account statements for signs of fraud or unauthorized activity;
- Monitor credit reports for signs of identity theft; and
- Contact a credit bureau(s) to request a temporary fraud alert.