Turke & Strauss LLP, a leading data breach law firm, is investigating Smith Transport regarding its recent data breach. The Smith Transport data breach involved sensitive personal identifiable information belonging to over 5,000 individuals.
ABOUT SMITH TRANSPORT, INC.:
Smith Transport is a transportation solutions company specializing in freight transportation, logistics, and management industry. Headquartered in Roaring Spring, Pennsylvania, Smith Transport was founded in 1983 and has over 1,000 employees.
On February 12, 2022, Smith Transport experienced a data breach in which the sensitive personal identifiable information of individuals in its system may have been accessed. On April 27, 2022, Smith Transport began notifying individuals whose information may have been impacted. The type of information exposed includes:
- Social Security number
- Date of birth
- Driver’s license number or state identification card number
If you have provided your personal information to Smith Transport, Inc.:
We would like to speak with you about your rights and potential legal remedies in response to this data breach. Please fill out the form, below, or contact us at (608) 237-1775 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you were impacted by the Smith Transport data breach, you may consider taking the following steps to protect your personal information.
- Carefully review the breach notice and retain a copy;
- Enroll in the free credit monitoring service provided by Smith Transport, Inc.;
- Change passwords and security questions for online accounts;
- Regularly review account statements for signs of fraud or unauthorized activity;
- Monitor credit reports for signs of identity theft; and
- Contact a credit bureau(s) to request a temporary fraud alert.